Procurement of Land:
Our land survey teams identify the lands available for projects and gather basic information for evaluating the feasibilities for projects and other uses of the available lands.
The above information for the available lands are then digitalized through satellite imagery and Geographical Information System for Town Planning and design wing. Platform and web- based applications by ESRI: ARCGIS 9, ARCIMS and ERMAPPER.
Our topographic surveys of land are then maintained by layering the sequence below:
- Our design wing comprises of highly qualified architects and town planners.
- Once the information is provided to the design wing by land department, our design wing produces the best layouts and designs for the use of given lands. Preparation of zoning plans, road cross sections, layout of water supply sewerage system, design of disposal station and water tanks.
- Concept Design
- Project Management System including building bye-laws, possession system and building control system.
- It then ensures the world class standards for our clients keeping in view the bullets in below:
- Modern urban conceptualization.
- House elevation control to create better environment
- Landscaping and horticulture designing
- Eco-friendly and energy-efficient environment
- One-stop comprehensive advice and services
- Approval from development authorities
Town Planning Department
- Preliminary Studies & Survey Stage
- Topographic Survey Map
- Topographic Survey Report
- Geotechnical Report
- Site Hydrology Report
- Initial Environment Examination Report
- Initial ImpactTrafficStudy
- Underground Water Quality Testing Report
- Concept Design Stage
- Town Planning Concept Report
- Town Planning Layout Design
- Design Concept Report for Water Supply, Sewerage & Drainage
- Design Concept Report for Roads
- Layout Plan Approvals
- Approvals / Revision of drawings form various Govt. Agencies related to roads, water supply, sewerage, drainage, electrification & gas etc.
- Detailed Layout of roads with coordinates
- Roads layouts with levels at each Junction
- Horizontal geometrical design with L-sections & cross sections
- Vertical geometrical design
- Pavement design
- Water supply network design showing sizes of pipes, material specifications and details.
- Design of tube well
- Underground water tank (if any)
- Overhead water tank
- Sewerage network design
- Hydraulic flow diagram showing pipe diameters, slopes, invert levels etc.
- Details & design of manholes
- Design of disposal station including drywell & wet well
- Design of pump
- Design of drainage network
- Details of collection chamber & gully grating
- Design of pumping station (if required)
- Design of culverts
- Land levels (contours)
- Plantation details (trees, shrubs, plants)
- Water bodies
- Stones, Pebbles and other relevant materials for beautification
- Pavement design
- Infrastructure Development Works
- Road Work
- Earth Work
- Sub-Base & Base Course
- Road marking & signage
- Water Supply Distribution including water tanks & tube wells with generators
- Sewerage System including disposal station
- External Electrification of plots
- Street Light system
- Building Works
- Civil Works
- Public Health Works
- Electrical Works
- Finishing Works
Building Control Department
- Examining and commenting on plans for new buildings, alterations or extensions
- Overseeing the work of building surveyors and providing them with supportive management
- Providing advice about construction safety matters and new building regulations
- Making regular inspections of building work at various stages of completion
- Keeping records of how projects are progressing
- Issuing approval to start building work and completion certificates
- Inspecting and carrying out surveys of potentially dangerous buildings
- Approving demolitions
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulations and legislation
- Writing reports
- Advising on cost and time saving measures during construction, without forgoing safety regulations
- Liaising with local authorities, planners, surveyors and other professionals
Finance Department Mission
Finance Department is responsible for acquiring and managing of funds within an organization and it also plans for expenditures of funds on various assets. It is part of an organization that ensures efficient financial management and financial control necessary to support all business activities.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Finance Department
The contributions of finance department to any company and how these contributions positively affect organizational performance includes everything from managing cash flow to assistance in key strategic decisions. The roles and responsibilities of a finance department includes but are not limited to:
Management of Company’s Cash Flow
The Finance Department manages all cash flows into and out of a company and ensure that there are enough funds available to meet the day-to-day running of the company.
- Manage Cash Flow
- Credit and Collection Policies for the Company’s Customers
- Timely Payments to vendors and creditors
- Timely Receipts from Customers as When Due
Budgets and Forecasting
The finance department works with managers to prepare company’s budgets and forecasts and also give feedback with regards to the financial standing of the company.
- • Prepare budgets and forecasts
- • Plan company Staffing Levels
- • Plan Asset Purchase and Expansions
Advising and Sourcing Long Term Financing
The finance department advice company on the best financing mix that could yield best profits.
- Advise for Long-Term / Short-Term Financing
- Financing Mix with High Profit and Low Cost
- Manage Finance Through Bank Credit / Private Debt / Share Issue
Management of Taxes
Running a company involves paying taxes, and it is the duty of finance department to handle tax issues.
- Creating Good Corporate Relation with Government
- Managing Tax Matters within Framed Policies
Management of Company’s Investments
Apart from selecting and analyzing new investments, the finance department also manages company’s existing assets.
- Company’s Working Capital Needs
- Concern for Current Assets Apart from Fixed Assets
- Managing Liquidity of the Company
Financial Reporting and Analysis
Financial reporting and analysis is a function that takes raw accounting entries and transforms them into meaningful, usable and comparable financial statements.
- Prepare Financial Statements
- Profit & Loss Account
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Summary of Funding Sources / Expenditures / Reserves
- Statements for Non-Financial Information
Assist Key Personnel in Making Key Strategic Decisions
The finance department provides company management with information necessary to make strategic decisions such as;
- Markets or Projects to Pursue
- Payback Periods for Large Capital Purchases
- Allocation of Funds, etc.
Marketing. & Sales Department
Role of Marketing Department g
Marketing department oversees all communications, public relations and promotional activities selected to support the brand and marketing strategy. This includes design, production and distribution of print materials such as brochures, ads and direct response plus radio and television spots needed for broadcast campaigns. In line with the need to keep the brand in front of the target audience, the marketing department manages press relations, speaking engagements, special events and community outreach activities. Website maintenance, social media participation and trade show exhibitions represent additional tasks.
- Client Inquiry
- Product Booking
- Balloting Process
- Confirmation Letters
- After Sales Services
- Lead generation campaigns
- Periodically training of sales staff
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Product Analysis
- Market Information System
- Build relationship with the clients
- Encourage referrals and word-of-mouth
- Event Planning
- Acquiring necessary permits
- Arranging for speakers or entertainers
Social Media Expert/Creative Services
Advertising and Promotional Campaigning
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns
Communication with other Departments
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
Communication with clients
- Respond client queries as quickly as possible
Dealer’s Market Management
- Communication with dealer’s market
- Proving them required printing material
- Setting weekly/monthly targets of sales and its follow up s
- Assistance and processing of Rebate and other financial benefits provided to dealers.
- Dispel questions on the need for a real estate agent
Real Estate Management (REM) is the king pin the development of business. Here the generation of funds are matched with the development work and maintain the society’s operations . Here transfer system is managed through proper integrated procedure. The company use State of Art software to Safe & Secure the client’s data and managed it perfectly
- Bookings of Plots
- Balloting of Plots
- Allocation/Allotment of plots/li>
- Possessions of Plots
- Completion Certificates/li>
- Transfer of Files/Plots/Houses
- Client’s Record Management
Human Resource Department
Our mission is to support our Corporate Leadership, Department Heads and Employees in the achieving their personal and strategic goals. We intend to achieve this by attracting;
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruiting, Selection and Orientation
- Training & Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Relations
- HR Policies, Procedures and Documents
- Employees’ Record and Electronic HRM
HR Strategy of Eastern Housing
Eastern Housing, considers its human capital as the most valuable asset of the organization. As the Real Estate, Developers Market in Pakistan is becoming immensely competitive therefore in order to achieve a competitive edge over its competitors, Eastern Housing aims to attract, develop and retain the best human capital available in the market. For this Eastern Housing has adapted the following HR policies.
- To select and recruit employees on merit.
- To provide conducive environment to all its employees.
- To be consistent in knowledge management by periodically conducting training needs analysis and implementation of the training plans for each employee.
- To be one of the best paymasters in the Real Estate industry in order to fulfill the personal needs of its employees.
- To develop employee relations with its employees in order to build an organizational culture of teamwork, trust, and satisfaction.
- To give the employees a fair opportunity to grow and progress in their careers by implementing Interim and Annual Performance Appraisal System.
Role of Human Resource Department
- To facilitate the process of implementation of fair policies for all the employees.
- To bring about a system of check and balance whereby management could make sure that no unfair action has been taken against any one.
- To make every employee's career at Eastern Housing rewarding and satisfying.
- To reward the efforts of high performers.
- To make sure that the best management practices are followed.
- To make sure that same set of rules govern the behavior of all the employees across the board in Central, South and North Office.
- To develop a culture based on performance, mutual respect and professionalism.
- To advise the management on HR trends, policies and procedures.
- To involve the Line Managers in the process of fair implementation of HR policies.
- To make Line Managers responsible and authoritative by owning the policies developed by the HR Department and duly approved by the Chief Executive Officer of MAS Group.
HR Quality Objective
Our HR Strategy is encompassed by:
R E S P E C T
- R Reliability You can Count on us.
- E Excellence Is our Standard.
- S Service Employee is First. Exceed meeting his needs.
- P People Serve employee with fairness and firmness.
- E Empowerment Enabling each to attain his / her Potential.
- C Caring Care for all as we wish to be cared for
- T Teamwork Foster a spirit of Teamwork
Accounts Department Mission
Accounting department provides accounting services to the organization to keep the business operating without hitches and delays. The department records accounts payable / receivable, inventory, payroll, fixed assets and all other financial elements. The department's accountants review the records of each department to determine the company's financial position and any changes required to run the organization cost effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities of Accounts Department
The accounting department is responsible for recording and reporting the cash flows, both in and out, of a company. There are five basic roles or functions within the department:
Cash Disbursements & Accounts Payable
To maintain great relationships with vendors the Account Department ensures that vendors get paid on time. Accounts payable is responsible for paying vendors for supplies purchased or any other expenses incurred by the business.
- Receiving Invoices from Vendors
- Recording Payments / Payables in Relevant Accounts
- Writing Cheques to Vendors
- Timely payments to Avail Discounts or Incentives
- Scheduling Payments to Save Late Payment Surcharges
Cash Receipts & Accounts Receivable
Another critical duty of the accounting department is to track and record account receivables, including outstanding invoices.
- Creating and Tracking Invoices
- Recording Receipts / Receivables in Relevant Accounts
- Receiving Cash / Cheques from Customers
Payroll is a critical function of the accounting department and includes making sure all employees are paid accurately and timely on a regular schedule.
- Review and Recording of Payroll Presented by HR Department
- Payroll Tax Working
- Processing of Payroll Disbursement
Reporting and Financial Statements
The primary reason Accounts Department record data properly in accounting software is to prepare financial reports that can be used for budgeting, forecasting and other decision making processes.
- Cash Payments / Receipts Summary
- Petty Expense Summery
- Recovery Reports
- Fixed Asset Register
- Stock Value Reports
- Scheduled Payment Reports
Financial controls include reconciliations, dividing the responsibilities and following the GAAP standards of accounting principles, all of which are implemented with view toward compliance, fraud and theft prevention.
- Cash Reconciliation Statements
- Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Stock Count Statements
- Sale & Receipt Reconciliation (Account Receivables)
- Purchase and Payment Reconciliation (Account Payables)
- Separation of Duties (Strong Internal Control)
- Management of Internal and external Legal affairs
- Ensuring client policies within legal boundaries
- Verification of client and land transfer matters
- Correspondence with company’s lawyers
- Drafting the agreement etc. with consultation of company’s lawyers
- Maintaining the legal documents record both in hard and soft form via computerized log book system
- Cross checking of all land related documents from Patwar khan and concerned department
- Completing all relevant land documents.
The objectives of a procurement department in our organization move far beyond the traditional belief that procurement’s primary role is to obtain goods and services in response to internal needs. To understand how this role is changing, we must understand what purchasing is all about, starting with the primary objectives of a purchasing organization.
- Support Operational Requirements
- Supporting this flow requires purchasing to:
- Understand business requirements
- Buy products and services
- At the right price
- From the right source
- At the right specification that meets users’ needs
- In the right quantity
- For delivery at the right time
- To the right internal customer
- Internal customers of purchasing include:
- Physical distribution centers
- Engineering and technical groups
- Research and development
- Information technology
- Transportation and other services
- Manage the Procurement Process and the Supply Base Efficiently and Effectively
- To manage the procurement process and supply base efficiently and effectively procurement must follow the following key steps:
- Identify opportunities
- Manage internal operations
- Achieve objectives
- Identify opportunities where the procurement team adds true value:
- Evaluation and selection of suppliers
- All purchases should go through the approved procurement processes
- Engineering and other functional inputs are part of this process
- Sales personnel should not be allowed to enter contractual agreements without procurement’s involvement
- Increasing use of sourcing teams
- Review of specifications or statement of work
- Review the requirements for the material or service being provided
- May be able to suggest alternative standardized materials that can save the organization money
- Periodic review of requisitions can allow greater leveraging of requirements
- Acting as the primary contact with supplier
- Determining the method of awarding contracts
- Managing the supply base
- Current suppliers are competitive
- Identification of new potential suppliers and develop relationships
- Improvement and development of non-competitive existing suppliers
- Manage its internal operations efficiently and effectively, including:
- Management of procurement staff
- Developing and maintenance of policies and processes
- Introducing and leveraging appropriate technology and systems
- Defining procurement strategy and structure
- Developing plans and measures
- Providing procurement leadership to the organization
- Providing professional training and growth opportunities for employees
- Achieve this objective through
- Leadership of procurement for the organization
- Sourcing management
- Ownership and accountability for sourcing processes
- Communication of purpose, process and pay off
- Collaboration and partnering
Develop Strong Relationships with Other Functional Groups
Support Organizational Goals and Objectives
Develop integrated purchasing strategies that support organizational strategies.
Effective purchasing strategies involve:
- Monitoring supply markets and trends (e.g., material price increases, shortages, changes in suppliers) and interpreting the impact of these trends on company strategies
- Identifying the critical materials and services required to support company strategies in key performance areas, particularly during new product development
- Developing supply options and contingency plans that support company plans
- Supporting the organization’s need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base